‹ Back to search results
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will work from their London HQ but have the opportunity to work across the UK and into Europe on specific projects. The company offer their clients Property Management, Project Management, Accounting and more to ensure that they are their for them when they need them and can continue to offer a world class service.
QUANTITY SURVEYOR / PROJECT MANAGER
The role will assume day-to-day commercial responsibility for a range of high-profile development projects requiring cost and project management oversight with specific focus on:
- Procurement advice
- Feasibility studies
- Cost management services
- Employer’s Agent/Contract Administration duties
- Liaise closely with clients, contractors and external consultants
- Write and amend contracts where required
- Ensure that invoices are processed on time
- Attend and chair regular site meetings
- Provide early cost advice to client on variations
- Understand construction issues, offer advice on drawings and works and ensure project has all current drawings/ up to date information to work from
- Proficient computer skills particularly in excel
- General reasoning ability and the ability to take on new concepts quickly and efficiently
- Possess good skill with numbers and strong mathematical ability
- Ability to gather and analyse information skilfully
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must hold a Full UK Driving license
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the above and across the development cycle from pre-construction, contract management through to occupation.
Experience in and knowledge of development and construction programmes, cost plans and design information are essential.
The role is based at their South West London office with regional travel to sites and to attend external meetings.
Key Skills / Qualifications
- Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) background with minimum 2-3 years PQE experience. (preferred but not essential)
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or similar degree
- Strong client facing skills and report writing experience
- Ambitious and able to work under own autonomy
- Excellent grasp of procurement and contract administration
- Proficient in cost planning and pre-contract activities
- Proficient in contract preparation and administration
- Proven track record in post contract cost control
- Ability to work within a small consultancy environment and be flexible to changing workloads and demands
- Strong negotiation and commercial awareness
- Some management experience with the ability and desire to mentor and develop more junior members of staff
This is an amazing opportunity to work on some of the most sought after properties in the country and develop your career in a professional, supportive environment. With an exceptional reputation this client has continued to grow over time due to their repeat business with existing clients and also developed new clients due to their reputation in the market.