‹ Back to search results
Our client is looking for an experienced and driven Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager to join a small but growing cost management department within an established construction project management organisation. The role is for the delivery of a multitude of projects, predominantly with the NHS, varying in value from £250K – £40M. Training, management, and daily guidance will be provided from Director of Cost Management. They are seeking a proactive and engaged candidate, looking for growth and establishing themselves as a key project team member.
- Provide commercial oversight of projects from inception through to completion.
- Budgeting, estimating, and design control.
- Preparing tender documentation and overseeing the tender process through to the forming and execution of contract documents.
- Variation estimating and negotiation directly with contractors.
- Preparation of detailed cost reports.
- Directly support Managing Director and Director Cost Management.
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record in construction cost management, ideally in healthcare sector.
- Good understanding of contractual and tendering processes.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and negotiating skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing NEC3 and/or NEC4 contracts would be beneficial.
- Good knowledge in using Microsoft 365.
- General IT proficiency.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- 33 holiday days a year including bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus
- Role related training opportunities