‹ Back to search results
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Temp to Perm
£20 per hour
£44,000 Per Annum
The role is based in a heavy maintenance train depot, where safety, quality and image are imperative, hence the ability to work professionally, in partnership with the client is essential.
Whilst this role has an electrical bias, the position requires an open, hands-on approach, as responsibilities will include but are not limited to basic plumbing tasks (e.g. unblocking WC’s, replacing syphons etc) and non-technical handyman tasks, hence a willingness to tackle a multitude of menial tasks is essential.
18th Edition is required, or must be in process
The role incorporates:
- The completion of Planned Preventative Maintenance within skillset, taking ownership of the progression of any remedials identified.
- Ensuring reactive repairs are completed in accordance with contractual SLA’s, procuring parts promptly, to aid timely completion of the task.
- Minor installations and maintenance of site Electrical LV Systems.
- The diagnosis and repair of faults on systems and plant including basic mechanical and plumbing system fault finding.
- Responsibility for the control and management of sub-contractors, incorporating the review and approval of their RAMS and the issue of a Permit to Work
- Ensuring that any difficulties encountered in relation to mechanical or electrical activities are reported to the Facilities Manager
- Ensuring that all record keeping functions are completed as instructed by the Facilities Manager
- Timely updating of the PDA, to ensure that the CAFM system is updated upon completion of a PPM or reactive task
- Completing tasks to highest standards of workmanship and safety
- The requirement for a thorough understanding of company policies, guidelines, and escalation procedures.
- To undertake any reasonable task imposed by the Facilities Manager
- To deputise for the Facilities Manager when they are away from the business.
If you're interested in this opportunity, please apply through this advert or for further information and a confidential discussion get in touch with Millie Platts on 0121 702 4164.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please apply anyway and we will get in touch to discuss our latest opportunities and your next career move.