‹ Back to search results
6 Month FTC
We have an immediate vacancy for a School Premises Manager for a Birmingham Schools based in Great Barr. There will be a requirement to cover other schools as and when required by the business. Additionally there is also a requirement to live within 20 minutes from the school to attend to any out of hours calls or alarms. This role is a temporary role for 6 months.
The primary aim of the School Premises Manager is to serve the needs of the School and be responsible for the overall provision of janitorial and minor day to day repairs for the School.
- Responsible for opening school and checking buildings and grounds at start of day to ensure availability and where appropriate repair/report any faults needing urgent attention.
- Responsible for locking and securing all doors, windows and perimeter gates at the end of each day to ensure security of the Site and activating and deactivating any alarm systems.
- Responsible for Site Security and checks outside of school operational hours
- Check heating, lighting and hot water is functional and available as required.
- Make safe areas of danger (broken windows and the like) and deal with any minor repairs the need for which may arise.
- Liaise with any contractors on Site in respect of job required, safety on Site (e.g. with regard to vehicles/equipment) and the like.
- Monitor cleaning work carried out by cleaning contractors and liaise with cleaning contractors on Site regarding rectification work Carry out cleaning work related to toilet cleans and bodily fluids as required.
- Keep all outdoor areas, paths, steps, pathways, approaches and drain grids in a clean condition and litter free including the emptying of outside bins.
- Clear pathways/stairs of snow and apply Grit/salt to ensure safe surfaces as required.
- Carry out general pottering-type duties including the movement of furniture, the receipt of and delivery of goods.
- Report events and tasks to the Help Desk and follow through to completion.
- Carry out general repairs and maintenance including first fix response
- Carry out minor Health and Safety checks (Fire Systems, Emergency Lighting, Fire Appliances, Water Systems) and the completion of associated paperwork for records.
- Provide cover for third party lettings outside of core working hours including weekends as required
- Liaison with School Head teachers, Teaching Staff and other Client Representatives.
- Work to agreed shift patterns to ensure service delivery in accordance with the business requirements and contractual obligations
- Carry our Site Inductions for contractors employed by GTFM and liaise with contractors to ensure they operate in accordance with submitted Risk Assessments and Method Statements whilst carrying out works
- Provide cover for School Premises Managers on other schools within the project during periods of sickness and holidays as directed by the GTFM Line Manager when the need arises.
- Participate in the training of new employees engaged by GTFM in the role of a School Premises Manager.
- Participate in and respond to out of hour’s issues and emergencies at schools within the project as part of a list of nominated contacts.
- Must have full clean driving license.
If you are available at short notice please contact Millie Platts on 07944632452 / 01217021464