‹ Back to search results
One of the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, are searching for a Commercial Property Manager / Surveyor at Senior Surveyor or Associate Director level to join their Birmingham office.
Based in Central Birmingham they have a very strong reputation in the city and across the world for working with the most sought after commercial and residential clients.
Senior Surveyor / Associate Director requirements
Senior Surveyor / Associate Director to join the Asset Services team, working on their largest key client accounts. Based in Birmingham you will be responsible for managing various classes of property throughout the Midlands for Asset Services largest client. This includes high profile City Centre offices, industrial units in and out of town and high street retail assets.
People are what make our service special and they therefore invest considerable time in development and training.
The purpose of the role is to be a part of the companies Asset Services team in a client focused role ensuring accurate and timely delivery of service and achievement of Key Performance Indicators.
- Manage the transition of properties in and out of management
- Responsible for compliance relating to sites under their control, taking action or escalating any issues relating to non-compliance
- Carry out property inspections and prepare report for distribution to the Client, ensuring client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Responsible for provision of accurate insurance data to the client’s chosen broker.
- Responsible for ensuring that all insurance premiums are recharged to tenants
- Responsible for taking the appropriate action in response to any legal notice received in relation to a managed property
- Responsible for preparing data for client meetings, attending these meetings and carrying out any actions arising.
- Responsible for the preparation of Asset Plans for every managed property and ensuring the details within these plans are accurate and delivered to the client within the required timescales.
- Reading of leases and ensure accurate data is maintained on the property management system
- Ensure rent demands are raised accurately and on time
- Ensure credit control targets are met
- Ensure client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, subject to approval by line manager as required
- Ensure all fee invoices are raised in accordance with contracts and paid promptly
- Review and approve service charge budgets
- Review service charge cash flow and budget regularly
- Approve service charge reconciliations
- Prepare monthly forecasts for non-recoverable expenditure.
- Identify and progress opportunities for cross selling activities
- Responsible for arranging and chairing tenant meetings.
- Ensure recording of minutes for tenant meetings and carrying out of actions arising
- Take appropriate action for all forthcoming diary events
- Identify opportunities for providing additional services to clients and put proposals to line manager
- Review tenant applications and prepare client recommendations within the required timescales.
- Responsible for managing junior members of the team and for ensuring the delivery of an efficient Property Management Service to both Clients and Tenants as part of the wider Team.
- Constantly updating knowledge of legislation relating to property management
- Use knowledge of law relating to property management in order to make recommendations to the client
- Able to build and maintain client, tenant and customer relationships
- Understand the principles of lease structure and be able to read a lease
- Be able to recognise opportunities for selling additional services to clients, including cross selling
- Be able to apply legal principles of tenant applications for consent and process to be followed
- Apply the principles of service charge management to ensure compliance with all regulatory and procedural requirements
- Understand VAT, banking and credit control methods
- Able to use IT software such as Word, Excel, and databases
- Able to contribute to team and department’s business plan
- Able to delegate, supervise and develop junior team members
- Able to work as part of a team, supporting other team members and recognising the work of others
- Excellent presentation skills.