‹ Back to search results
We are looking for a Development Manager to join an exciting company, to build a 10,000 keys over the next 10 years across the UK. They are seeking a dynamic and experienced Development Manager with a passion for creating amazing user centric spaces, have an eye for detail, and skills to balance multiple projects at once. Experience with modular and sustainable development is preferred.
The group have over 50 years of real estate experience and a very strong reputation for developing interesting, forward thinking properties.
The Development Manager would be involved in a new property sector, that combines hotel, Airbnb, serviced apartments and Build To Rent sector.
The Group has a very strong positioning within the extended stay segment of the hospitality market, the company benefits from very strong agent, developer and investor support to support the growth ambitions.
Working with the design and development team, you will project manage and take responsibility for the delivery of new hotels, built in house or with external developer partners.
The role will span from initial appraisal, space planning, design, development through to practical completion.
You will be able to handle multiple sites at all different stages of design and development, and be able to effectively manage programmes, budgets, stakeholders, and external consultants.
You will work closely with property teams, vendors and project consultants to ensure that all design projects are completed on time, on budget, and executed to an exceptionally high standard.
The role will require special focus into modular hotel construction and also in building with net zero goals at the forefront of decision making.
- Undertake day to day delivery of multiple projects
- Draft Project Execution Plans to deliver outputs
- Manage design teams in the development of design solutions
- Undertake contract administration
- Development of project documentation, programmes, master budget etc
- Maintain a robust document management system
- Produce reports to suit relevant stages of the projects
- Deliver projects with the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/client brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality.
- Monitor and report on the contractors progress against the contract programme
- Manage consultant teams to ensure that the contractor’s design is done in compliance with the contract
- Manage consultant teams to ensure that the built product is compliant with the contract.
- Utilise Sector specific market, client and Built Asset know how (Insight).
- Ideally experience to include some of the following - interpretation of contracts, design and implementation of change management, resolution of contractual disputes, design and implementation of project controls, contract correspondence and financial close out of contracts.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering residential and/or commercial development projects
- Professional qualification of appropriate level
- Ability to interface with clients, demonstrable track record of doing so
- Ability to lead/work in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to articulate current issues specific to the Commercial market
- High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc.)
- Experience of producing reports on a monthly basis relating to project deliverables
- Experience of sustaining client relationships
- Pro-active approach - able to identify areas of need and to manage outputs
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- A flexible attitude - able to respond to the needs of the business
- Process driven with consistent effort, overcoming obstacles in order to achieve a goal.
- Conveys accurate information through effective communication using the most appropriate methods to adapt it to the audience ensuring mutual understanding.
- Strong project administration and organisational skills being efficient with diary and time