‹ Back to search results
- 10-day shifts, Inclusive of Weekends (8 hours weekdays, 7 hours weekends) 4 Rest Days + 5% Shift Allowance + £125 Per Week Call Out
- You would work every other weekend
- Excellent Facilities Management & Technical Services provider predominantly hard services covering the UK
- This position is static based in a prison environment
- To ensure the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of electrical services throughout the estate.
- To undertake survey inspections for quality control purposes including in confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs.
- The regular supervision of prisoners undertaking quality control over prisoner work as agreed within the Service Specification
- To be accountable for the testing and inspection of electrical services within the prison estate in line with the site’s maintenance requirements
- To complete, test and commission electrical installations in adherence with statutory regulations, industry best practice and Health and Safety procedures
- To complete plumbing installations, testing, and commissioning in adherence with statutory regulations, industry best practice and Health and Safety procedures
- To take accountability for reactive maintenance within the prison estate in line with the sites long term goals and objectives
- To fault find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site services levels at all times
- To ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out, undertake service requests raised by the computer aided facilities management system
What you'll need to succeed;
- Electrician qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent.
- Must have a certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition.
- Two years’ experience working as a test and inspection
- electrician, in a multi-skilled role or equivalent Excellent organisational skills / Time management /Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Basic IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Good working Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements
If you're interested in this opportunity, please apply through this advert or for further information and a confidential discussion get in touch with Millie Platts on my mobile listed If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please apply anyway and we will get in touch to discuss our latest opportunities and your next career move.