‹ Back to search results
Director of Estates – Hard FM
Director of Estates – Hard FM - Dudley - Permanent - £65000
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced FM professional to join a leading Facilities Management Service Provider as the Director of Estates for large 780-bed Hospital based in Dudley.
As DOE you will be responsible for the overall delivery of Hard services across a large hospital. Services include Planned and reactive Mechanical and Electrical Services, Fabric maintenance and small/additional project work.
The individual needs to be able to demonstrate where they have implemented new methods and processes or come up with innovative ideas on previous contracts
- Ensure technical policy governance is quantified, measured, and reported.
- The Head of Estates is also a senior Authorised Person for the governance associated with the IFM Safety Rules and procedures. Specifically, in this role, the SAA is responsible for duties as defined by Health Technical Memoranda, and Interserve Safe Systems of work
- Manage, assess and supervise APs RPs, and CPs
- Undertake an audit of AP and CP process and internal compliance.
- Set in place key accountabilities and responsibilities for engineering safety at the contract level and individual level for direct reports and reporting.
- Coaching and mentoring the current management team
- Ensuring that all SLA’s are met consistently
- Ensuring that service delivery is within the budgeted P&L
- Maintain and improve all of the Company Safety Rules in conjunction with the AEs.
- Provide performance reports to the Account Director when required.
- Act as Duty AP if the business requires technical cover on any project/site.
Leading FM Service provider
- Preferably qualified to degree level in an appropriate engineering discipline, Chartered or leading to Chartered status.
- Must AP in either mechanical and electrical
- Minimum of HNC in Building Services or Electrical Engineering
- Client facing
- Health and Safety Qualified to certificate level
- Preferable experience of PFI / PPP contracts
- Preferable experience of Healthcare contracts and HTM / HBM’s
- Advanced understanding and experience of risk assessment/management and safe systems of work
- Have operational experience as an active authorised Person in a technical discipline
- Detailed understanding of all technical contractual obligations and performance specifications
- Incident Report writing/expert witness
- Reputation and references (both personal and business)
To apply for this position, please submit your CV via this advert or for a confidential discussion call Josh on (phone number removed).
Contract Manager / Hard FM / Hard Services / PPM / Planned / Reactive / FM / Facilities / Derby / Mechanical / Electrical / M&E / Director of Estates / Service Provider