Even with permanent employment still being the go-to recruitment solution in businesses in a disrupted environment, interim employees and contractors are a valuable resource for FM firms and organisations seeking to adapt to change and drive efficiencies. Contract and Interim professionals offer specific and tailored expertise, skills, experiences, flexibility and agility to FM service providers.
Many facilities management (FM) service providers have multi-million-pound service contracts with various clients across a wide range of industries, ranging from banking, pharmaceutical, hospitals, higher education and government institutions. Utilising contractors and interim employees allows an FM service provider to deliver under pressure and meet the needs of high profile and demanding clients.
When is Contract and Interim in demand?
Often interim and short term recruitment solutions are needed to accommodate for large-scale projects, growing teams in periods of rapid growth, covering long term or short term absences, skills shortages and various other situations.
In response to these needs, the facilities management sector requires flexible human resourcing solutions to provide extra support and drive projects to completion within a given time scale. Contract and Interim recruitment solutions can meet the urgent needs of a hire compared to hiring a permanent employee, which could take an employer 2-6 months depending on the seniority of the position that is needed to be filled.
Many Contract and Interim FM project specialists will initially be hired on an initial 3-6 month contract, but often find themselves in the project for between 6-12 months – based on the project being completed successfully and meeting the client’s expectations.
However, it is essential to note and understand the changes to the IR35 legislation, which will be implemented on April 6th 2020 and how it will affect the way you hire contractors and interim employees.
Read more about what you need to know about IR35 here
FM service providers require interim support across the whole organisation, but areas in which we at Boden Resource receive the most needs for interim support are:
- Project management
- Quantity surveyors
- Commercial professionals
- Engineering and operations support
- Finance professionals
- Asset management
- Computer-aided facility management (CAFM) and IT
- Business Support
- Bids and Business Development
What are the benefits of Contract and Interim solutions
- Speed – Interim staff can often be immediately available or available to start within a short timeframe.
- Expertise – interim staff have a specific skill set which they can impose from day 1 of the contract.
- Experience – interim staff have the advantage of having experience of different companies and cultures, thus expanding the individual’s knowledge of business challenges and solutions.
- Results – interim staff are always hired to achieve results and are task-driven towards achieving that result
Find out more about our Contract and Interim recruitment services here.