‹ Back to search results
A great opportunity has come available for a Business Development Manager to join a growing medium sized business to work across their Cleaning, Catering and Facilities management service delivery.
Day to day duties;
- Secure new business for the company within their defined geographical area, and for the services identified in their business plans.
- Support the operations team in retaining existing business, as required.
- Undertake prospecting campaigns, develop and maintain a pipeline of prospective customers.
- Identify opportunities for growth via business relationships, networking, media searches and field-based activity.
- Identify opportunities that support enhancing service delivery across the divisions, or wider business
- Ensure that all sales quotations and tenders are completed and submitted in a timely manner, in line with company policies and procedures.
- Provide regular activity reports to CSM and local Operations Director
- Support the central bid team on formal tenders, attending site visits, bid meetings, presentations etc as required.
- Support contract mobilisations and maintain relationships with new clients.
- Comply with all sales policies and procedures.
- Undertake other duties as instructed by the Commercial Sales Manager, Managing Director and/or the Sales Director.
- Proven commercial sales experience in a previous business development (or similar) role
- Experience of selling public/private sector services including; Cleaning, Catering, Soft FM Services or other FM disciplines
- Good Business Acumen
- An articulate communicator, confident liaising with stakeholders on all levels with the ability to inform, persuade and influence
- Ability to develop and maintain sales pipeline
- Focus on maintaining and improving customer / client relationships
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work to strict deadlines and meet KPI’s and targets
- Ability to prepare concise written documents, selecting the appropriate tone for the reader